I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won’t come into your house and steal your children. They won’t magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won’t even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population—rights like Social Security benefits, child care tax credits, Family and Medical Leave to take care of loved ones, and COBRA healthcare for spouses and children. You know what having these rights will make gays? Full-fledged American citizens just like everyone else, with the freedom to pursue happiness and all that entails. Do the civil-rights struggles of the past 200 years mean absolutely nothing to you?
Nice to see more players speaking up on Emmett Burns’s comments.
- s-o-u-l-f-u-l reblogged this from dendroica
- jainf reblogged this from faboomama
- lettheonlysound likes this
- aintthatmistermisterontheradio reblogged this from comix and added:
- gohomekiki likes this
- cosmiccrystals likes this
- dendroica reblogged this from faboomama and added:
- dendroica likes this
- comix reblogged this from faboomama and added:
- comix likes this
- faboomama posted this